The Pishbol Cart
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tomatika (Japanese) and Sweetmoon(Deviantart)

2 posters

Go down

Tomatika (Japanese) and Sweetmoon(Deviantart) Empty Tomatika (Japanese) and Sweetmoon(Deviantart)

Post by mendics 5/1/2008, 11:17 pm

http://tomatika.daa.jp/

his/her art is very oekaki-sh if you know what i mean. there are a lot of others with the same style and probably one of the styles id want to possess since it's so good to the eyes. Theres an artist in deviantart that follows the very same style, and goes by the name sweetmoon..

http://sweetmoon.deviantart.com/

the main reason why i liked it was because of the way it was drawn and colored. I have yet to know how they made it though and very envious, my guess is its the way they use the brush or just use some other programs such as corel painter.

*heh i should have known that the name of the site was the name of the artist >_> *sigh sorry if i didnt realized that.

mendics
Pishbol novice

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Back to top Go down

Tomatika (Japanese) and Sweetmoon(Deviantart) Empty Re: Tomatika (Japanese) and Sweetmoon(Deviantart)

Post by Pharan 5/2/2008, 12:09 am

Yeah. Well, from what I can see, they're using traditional painting techniques (like real Renaissance painters) to paint manga characters... so if you hope to do stuff like that, I think you're gonna have to learn how to paint like a traditional painter.

Learn about limited palettes and color unison and color temperature and controlling skin-tone and all that crap... hehehe. but it's good fun. If you're a serious artist, I suppose you'd be learning about those things either way.:p

Anyone else who has an opposing or intersecting view, feel free to contradict what I say.
Pharan
Pharan

Number of posts : 74
Location/Province : Cebu
Registration date : 2008-04-01

http://sobriquetsketchblog.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Tomatika (Japanese) and Sweetmoon(Deviantart) Empty Re: Tomatika (Japanese) and Sweetmoon(Deviantart)

Post by mendics 5/2/2008, 8:40 pm

so do you know how?? i was actually going to ask and post on how they do it..
it seems very intresting.

mendics
Pishbol novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Pharan 5/2/2008, 9:26 pm

Not really. I mean, I've watched a few painters do their stuff... but learning to actually paint takes years of study and years practice. It's not really something you can just explain. It's a whole style altogether... a combination of dozens of techniques.

What I can say is that it doesn't follow the comicbook style of coloring which most comicbook artists and beginner manga artists use and are introduced to:
composition/pencilling>lineart >flat colors>shading>effects

I can't tell for sure since these guys could be using any of the flows of traditional painting.
Sometimes it goes like: flat colors and major shapes for composition>shading and highlights>details
Other times, it's like: composition/sketch>dark colors>midtones>highlights>details
and other times, it's like: composition/sketch>black and white painting>colors>details

I suppose the point there is that, in painting, the details usually come last, whereas most lineart based drawing have most of the details already set in the lineart stage.

And there must be other ways that I don't know of yet. The point is that there's more than one way to do that kind of stuff, and to learn it, I suppose it would be most helpful to see an actual painter at work... or at least follow their work in progress.

But all the painters I've talked to say the same thing: If you wanna learn to paint, reading is not enough. You'll learn a lot more by just jumping in and trying it yourself. and when you're able to come up with something, take time to look back and analyze your work.. then... try again. and then analyzing again... and then trying again.

Why don't you try that? Maybe you can post some of your attempts here and we can comment on what you're doing right or wrong.
Pharan
Pharan

Number of posts : 74
Location/Province : Cebu
Registration date : 2008-04-01

http://sobriquetsketchblog.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mendics 5/2/2008, 9:34 pm

painting is out of my league, you need equipments for those and those equipments are expensive.. i was wondering how you can do the same in photoshop or other computer program.. -_- i watched some videos about it but it doesnt really help and just shows how it begins and ends. no tips, nothing. i was actually tempted to enroll in some painting class.. just dont know how much it would cost..

mendics
Pishbol novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down